A partial hospitalization program (PHP) is an option many patients choose when entering recovery. For those who do not need twenty-four-hour supervision, it might be the right choice. In this type of program, patients attend therapy and treatment sessions at an addiction treatment center during the day before returning home. Our partial hospitalization program in California can provide a higher level of care than standard outpatient programs. Every patient is different and needs a unique treatment plan to set them on the road to recovery. Contact Wellness Counseling Vida Entera today if you think a partial hospitalization program is right for you or your loved one.
What is a Partial Hospitalization Program?
Knowing your options for care can help you make the right decisions for your recovery. Treatment plans are not one-size-fits-all. A partial hospitalization plan can help you transition from inpatient care to outpatient care. Returning to daily life while in recovery can be tricky. However, the support of our experienced staff can help you navigate the transition.
Which patients are best suited for our partial hospitalization program in Lake Elsinore, CA? We look for some of the following characteristics:
- Motivation – The patient should strongly desire to improve their mental health
- Adherence to the treatment plan – The patient should be able to follow the plan our staff sets out
- Strong support system – Those who have families and friends who support their recovery
- Verbal expression – The patient should be able to talk in therapy settings comfortably
- Personal and social safety – The patient cannot be a risk to himself or others
Our partial hospitalization program is ideal for those who need flexibility in their schedules. Many patients can continue to work, go to school, or care for their families while in a PHP.
A Partial Hospitalization Program in California Versus a Residential Program
In a residential addiction treatment program, patients not only participate in treatment on-site, but they also live there for some time. Patients typically do not leave the facility unless they have a special outing. However, in a partial hospitalization program, patients do not live on campus. When they are not meeting with their therapists or in group sessions, they return home.
Our partial hospitalization program in California also provides a higher level of care than other outpatient options. Some outpatient addiction treatment plans involve only a few hours of therapy a week. However, in our PHP, patients are in treatment all day. Patients in these programs receive the same services as in a residential program; only a partial hospitalization allows for more flexibility and also costs less.
Some of the services we provide in our partial hospitalization program:
- Medical services – Clinicians administer medication and also treat the physical symptoms of substance abuse
- Medication management – Some patients are prescribed medication to help manage the symptoms of withdrawal and stay sober
- Individual therapy – Patients meet with a therapist one-on-one to work on unhealthy behaviors and learn healthy coping skills
- Group counseling – Our group sessions always involve a therapist and can help patients know they are not alone
- Planning for the future – Therapists work with you to create a plan for the future. Support groups, 12-step programs, and continued counseling outside of a rehab program can lead to long-term recovery
Contact Us Today for a Partial Hospitalization Program in California
While at Wellness Counseling Vida Entera, our goal is to help you break free from addiction. Our staff will work with you to determine the right treatment plan. In addition to our partial hospitalization program in Lake Elsinore, CA, we offer these other programs:
- Substance abuse treatment programs
- Drug and alcohol detox center
- Residential treatment center
- Dual diagnosis treatment program
- Medication-assisted treatment program