What Is Heroin?
Heroin is an opiate drug that can pose a massive threat to the country’s public health because of its addictive qualities and deadly risk of overdose. Over four million Americans have tried heroin at least once, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, which is a huge problem, as nearly one-quarter of these individuals develop an addiction to the substance. Heroin use often leads to hypoxia, a dangerous condition in which the brain does not receive sufficient oxygen, which can lead to consequences as severe as permanent brain damage or death. The deadly capabilities of heroin should never be underestimated. Find recovery through heroin detox in California.
Heroin Tolerance and Dependence
Similar to those who abuse other opioids like OxyContin and Vicodin, individuals who begin to abuse heroin will soon find themselves taking significantly higher doses to reach the highs they crave. As the substance abuser’s body builds up a tolerance, the high will only be reached when a dangerous amount of the drug is absorbed. Moreover, the person suffering from addiction is simultaneously developing a dependence on the drug, which makes it extremely challenging to end the addiction because of the agonizing withdrawal symptoms. The safest way of ending this harmful circle of pain and addiction can be to enroll in a heroin detox center in Elsinore, CA.
Signs of heroin dependence and addiction include:
- Intense cravings for heroin that overtake thoughts
- Continuing to use heroin after negative effects
- Taking larger doses to get the same euphoric effect
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not using
- Constant borrowing or stealing to pay for heroin
- Changes in outward appearance due to side effects and disinterest in hygiene
How Heroin Detox Can Help
Our private residential facility will enable you to end your heroin addiction under the care of a trained staff that includes certified doctors, licensed nurses, addiction therapists, and professional counselors. We’ll treat your withdrawal symptoms as they arise, allowing you to flush the heroin out of your body—permanently—while preserving your comfort level to the highest degree possible. Attempting to go through heroin withdrawal on your own is likely to be futile and even harmful, and only by enrolling in a heroin detox center in Elsinore, CA can you give yourself the best chance of a full recovery.
The benefits of a residential heroin detox program include:
- Drug-free setting. While undergoing detox, cravings and uncomfortable withdrawal make relapse a possibility. However, inpatient detox offers a drug-free environment away from temptations.
- 24/7 medical care. Medical professionals and detox specialists monitor the severity of withdrawal and any complications. This allows a quick response time for any issues that may occur.
- Medication-assisted treatment and nutrition. Heroin withdrawal can be quite uncomfortable but there are medications that lessen the severity of symptoms. We also provide vitamins and nutritional services to meet any deficiencies.
- Dual diagnosis treatment. Mental health treatment helps one process any mood changes or feelings of anxiety and fear during detox. A psychological assessment finds any underlying mental health issues that need treatment as well.
You Can Empower Yourself
Enrolling in a heroin detox program in California is an empowering decision. By ending your toxic dependency on this dangerous drug, you can regain control of your life and position yourself to make happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life decisions for yourself and your loved ones.
Our programs provide many levels of support including:
- Drug and alcohol detox programs
- Residential addiction treatment
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)